Monday, August 30, 2010

Home again, home again...for 3 days.

Wow...it doesn't seem to matter how many conventions I go to, how many workers I hear speak, and how many friends I meet, I'm still constantly surprised at how simple and right every bit of it all feels.  I heard once that every convention we make it to should be the best convention we've ever been to, since we're learning & seeing a little bit more of God and his way every time.  


Malcom was an amazing way to spend my last weekend stateside (pictures coming soon). :)  Our ragtag car...urm van...of 6 finally straggled back into to Colorado and our various homes by about 1 in the morning.  I never imagined that I would wish for 13 hours in the car to feel longer.  The first 5 hours of the trip, we never once had to pump the tunes because we just talked, managing to successfully extend that convention feeling for just a tad bit longer. 


I can't believe that I'm leaving the country in just 3 days now and I still haven't been motivated enough to pack beyond Malcom.  Laundry time!!!  I really have to get to it or winter in Ireland is going to be a lot more interesting than I planned on.  As Abby constantly encourages the procrastinator in me, "If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would ever get done!" :P  I keep telling people that I'm going to be blogging while I'm in Ireland, hopefully locking myself into a habit of actually posting things on here under the illusion that people might actually want to see what I'm seeing.   

So far, I've been given a few assignments:

  • GO SEE THE CLIFFS OF MOHER! (That one deserved all caps since every person that has been to Ireland has practically been jumping up and down as they tell me that it's the best place they've seen.  Plus pictures rarely do landscapes justice, and it looked beyond amazing in Leap Year so I cannot wait to see what it looks like in reality!)
  • Take pictures of food & write about it!  (Umm...photography and food.  3 guesses as to who gave that assignment. If you have ever met my best friend, the first 2 guesses don't count.)
  • Abby also told me to take pictures of unique sidewalks.  That one sounds really cool so I will definitely be completing this one...though I don't know how different & exciting concrete can look even if it is across an ocean.
  • Blog as much as possible...thank you, Padre!  haha I fail on an epic level at journaling when I purpose to do it, but my life just might be interesting enough the next few months to fill up a blog. :)  Let me know if I'm right...
That's all of the assignments I can remember at the moment, but if anybody thinks of any more neat ideas or has hole-in-the-wall places to visit in Ireland, send it my way.

My tentative itinerary of September includes a few days in Wickclow, a few more in Dublin, a handful in Scotland, three or four days in London, and about a week gallavanting around the coast of Ireland in a pint-sized European car with the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car with my father and roommate.  My dad will be driving on the wrong side of the road for the first time, so a last will may be appearing on this blog in a few days (just in case...).  Just kidding Dad!  Oh yeah, and school, which is theoretically the reason I will be flying over the ocean in the first place...


No comments:

Post a Comment